X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior Spider-Man

So I'm assuming you guys know what the title is about, so now that the run is finally over, what do you think of it in all? There's been a lot of flack thrown Slott's way, and honestly...he kind of deserves it for this. It was not nearly his best work, and literally everyone that wrote Spock wrote him better than Slott ever did. So I'm glad it's over, at last, but I'm pissed that it happened at all, and that this is going to have consequences for ages now.

It was alright. Nothing special really. Much like yourself, I wasn't a fan of Slott's writing, as he alternated between hamming it up far too much, to the point it wasn't even a good kind of hammy, to making Spock seem so superior to Peter, without addressing the problems. I get that this was probably to make Peter's return all that greater, but it got stupid. But, the ending was quite a nice way to go if you ask me. And having Norman around, de-goblinified is going to be...interesting to say the least.

Comment

i'm not much of a spiderman fan to begin with
      on a team books i like him

the whole premise of spideroctavius i thought was awesome
      i really enjoyed the serious stuff, the army of spider bots and spider goons, totally sacking the kingpins castle, collecting and brainwashing the sinister 6, being a total ass and getting the job done (for the most part)

i was actually sad to hear "superior" was ending already, i'm about 2 months behind now, so not sure really how bad it got
      from reading you guys, it sounds like it got terrible, lol
      AKA turk4186, The Zombie Ham, Mace Bacon http://thestrongestmustache.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Strongest Mustache View Post
        i'm not much of a spiderman fan to begin with
        on a team books i like him

the whole premise of spideroctavius i thought was awesome
        i really enjoyed the serious stuff, the army of spider bots and spider goons, totally sacking the kingpins castle, collecting and brainwashing the sinister 6, being a total ass and getting the job done (for the most part)

i was actually sad to hear "superior" was ending already, i'm about 2 months behind now, so not sure really how bad it got
        from reading you guys, it sounds like it got terrible, lol
        Well, it'll depend on what you find to be good. It sounds like you liked the things that I hated in the series, so maybe you'll like the way it ended up I guess.

Comment

i really liked his interaction with namor while the wakandans were chasing him, when he was thinking about turning himself in.

when i catch up, i will come back to this thread for sure. you guys are moving it up my list, lol
          AKA turk4186, The Zombie Ham, Mace Bacon http://thestrongestmustache.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Strongest Mustache View Post
            i really liked his interaction with namor while the wakandans were chasing him, when he was thinking about turning himself in.

when i catch up, i will come back to this thread for sure. you guys are moving it up my list, lol
            Wait, when did this happen?

Comment

Working...
            X